Unhappy Habits of Many People
- Seeing Themselves as Victims: Unhappy persons see their lives as out of their own control. Being helpless victims absolves them from all responsibility for their lives.
- Chronic Pessimism: A pessimistic outlook usually becomes self-fulfilling. It is a cultural virus endemic within populations that see themselves as “disadvantaged.”
- Constant Complaining: Incessant whining and complaining perpetuates a negative outlook and makes it very difficult to think clearly. It is the casting of a negative spell upon oneself and everyone within reach of his complaining.
- Exaggerating all negatives, no matter how small: Blowing everything out of proportion to the point of loss of control is the hallmark of a self-made loser and self-made loser populations.
- Waiting for circumstances to change on their own — or for someone else to change them for you: This is one of the most common unhappy habits of miserable people. Example: “Black people cannot really be happy until a black man is president of the US.” And how did that work out? Rage and violence exploded in black communities.
- Ignoring small problems so long that they become much more difficult to solve: Most problems are easier to solve in their early stages if they are faced directly and dealt with. Self-made losers tend to ignore small problems until they become large.
- Failure to set positive goals: It is crucial to have a positive plan of action and to work habitually to achieve the short, intermediate, and long-term goals in executing the plan.
- Envy of what others have or can do: While it is true that some populations — on average — have lower IQs, less ability to control emotional impulses, and have trouble reaching most higher level occupations, they have many more opportunities to build a fulfilling life in most western nations than in the ancient lands from which they came. Self-made losers wallow in hostile envy of what others have, neglecting all the things they could be.
- Excessive focus on material things: In many poor neighborhoods, the act of killing someone for his shoes, his watch, his cell phone, or other insignificant item, is commonplace.
- Getting stuck in a rut: Failing to examine one’s full range of options in life is another mark of a self-made loser. Living in an insular ghetto one’s entire life is just one part of the self-limited mindset, but an important one.
- A failure to pursue excellence inside themselves: The pursuit of mastery is one of the best ways to rise above unhappy circumstances. Such pursuit is too seldom chosen by self-made losers, due to being mired in superficial and mundane aspects of reality. Michael Jordan is a good example of someone who chose the pursuit of mastery.
- Excessive focus on pleasure: An excess pursuit of pleasure to the exclusion of all productive activity is one of the hallmarks of self-made losers.
- Choosing the wrong role models: Admiring professional leeches such as Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, Louis Farrakhan — and elevating violent criminals as heroes — limits the members of any community that makes such choices.
- Consciously refusing to develop productive habits: By attacking any member of their community who studies hard, develops good habits of achievement, and pursues intellectual mastery — poor communities make sure that most of their members are stuck in habitual underachievement.
- Taking the easy road: By refusing to take the responsibility to overcome the inevitable pain and difficulty that every human being must face, too many poor people limit their lifetime possibilities until it is too late
Habits of Unhappy People Work the Same for Persons of All Races
Of course, these are habits of unhappy people regardless of race or religion. Whether blacks in North America, Muslims in Europe, or unhappy people of angry and violent grievance anywhere, larger societies are faced with the conundrum of how to embed productive habits of achievement, mastery, fulfillment, and happiness in future generations of all the people within their domain. This cannot be achieved by paying ransoms, instituting reverse discrimination and preferences, or by mollycoddling sub-cultures, families, and individuals that consciously choose bad habits out of a sense of entitlement.
Black immigrants earn and achieve more than US born blacks. But US born blacks live immensely richer lives on average than blacks in Africa or in majority-black countries elsewhere — just as Mexican immigrants to America lead richer lives on average than those they left behind in Mexican villages and towns.
The oportunities for those who choose habits of success and mastery are there, whatever their race. Too few make the right choices.
Travis Bradberry: 10 Habits of Unhappy People
16. Because they as a group who are basically just LAZY, really LAZY.
Among black populations in the aggregate, you will find many more persons of low intelligence than in most other populations. Primates of low intelligence can often be “herded” by more intelligent — but dishonest — people with a will to power, such as Obama, Farrakhan, Sharpton, and other “thought leaders of the community.”
But unlike traditional herd animals such as sheep and cattle, primates are mentally and physically equipped for violence — group and individual. Some of the same violent pathologies one sees in low-IQ muslims of Palestine and Africa/Asia, one is likely to see emerging in low-IQ blacks of North America, Europe, and wherever persons of African descent migrate.
what about south American invaders – same problem?
Seeing themselves as victims. Sure that is done all the time but I would add one more thing. Black men tend to be emotionally immature. They respond to life as much the same as a middle school student does. Lack of judgement, non existent long term thinking and a quick trigger to violence. It is the men in black society who fail to take up the responsibility of adults. How many “baby daddies” really care and support their children? Maybe 1 % at best.
They have been victimized by the first black President. His policies have pushed black family income down by 10% and it is not recovering. No other group has suffered as much under Obama than black Americans.